Sunday, May 11, 2008

Project Star Award for Quarter 1 -2008.


"Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation".
--Brian Tracy

The day 08 May 2008 Thursday was something special for me.
I was at work in my office locked in cubical with my Computer as always. While, working just one of my colleagues ping me on my office communicator saying that 'CONGRATULATION!!!' ...
I asked for what.....He replied, you got a Project Star Award for Quarter 1 -2008.
I knew that just one announcement mail was pumped in my mailbox a minute before but, I thought will have look on that but surprisingly before that I got the news that my name is also there with
Emp code-006411 Pramod Kumar Upadhyay- Project Star Award Winner.
Yes, really this news delighted me as throughout my career, I have got appreciable words or mails for my splendid work, promptness, disciplined, devotion but it was somewhat
more heart touching happiness and I bubbled with pleasure as this kind of award first time in my professional career.
Getting Project Star Award is one of my achievements and I would like comments on this achievement and put my thoughts towards work at workplace.
I believe that this kind of appreciation put more motivation in employee. In fact award/appreciation plays a vital role to push someone ahead in career path.
Award/appreciation is like fuel to do good work. If you have something good in any field and if you praised for that certainly it realizes that there are more expectations towards me and it fuels you my all responsibilities whichever in role I am performing.
My idea at work is always that if at workplace someone is not good at work we should never shout or blame the person instead of that give them a chance as none in this world is born intelligent. People always learn from surroundings and that way we can put our effort to groom those people to make enough capable.
I have always mind my own business at work means, do what I supposed to do.
Apart from just doing a work at workplace, being nice to colleagues and maintaining a friendly and empowered environment is also a part of our daily work. I never get worried about what others are doing or not doing; I always keep my work on the top and deliver excellence. So at work, we should always maintain harmony, maintain fun and maintain a friendly environment and then a person can be it first, and will influence others. People who part take in politics don't last. Being as political at workplace can give momentarily appreciation but in long run they will self destruct. Instead of be political, be a good performer whatever potential you have to become the pivot of your workplace.
I think, a lot of people want many things in life. Their focus becomes the achievement and they feel that it must be served to them just because they want it but it's not like that to achieve desire we need to perform well and maintain our form. We get noticed for our performance not our potential and by that way we can put our potential into performance and we can earn our space.
Pareto's Principle, the 80/20 Rule says that we should serve as a daily reminder to focus 80 percent of your time and energy on the 20 percent of you work that is really important. Don't just "work smart", work smart on the right things. I truly believe in this fact that time management is key point to reach to goal and success path that’s why I always love to be on time at my workplace and by that way I maintain a disciplined at my workplace.
There is one fundamental aspect that to get the thing done perfectly and that is we should follow each steps perfectly as each of steps is very important to get the positive result .
I remember once my dear brother set an example on this and it's really true fact.
For instance in college time you write the entrance test to get into admission in a college but you know the filling entrance form and getting the form first is as much important as to writing and study hard to crack the entrance test. Supposedly, if we do mistake while filling form or not getting form on time certainly, we can fail to write the entrance test and result would not be positive.
I truly believe in this fact that we should give importance to each step to reach to the goal.
I have seen many people are not energetic at workplace but, if we go at work, we should go with enthusiasm and excitement whether the work which you have it good or bad.
We should make enthusiasm and excitement in a daily practice. If we will have excitement at work what we do then we start loving our work and definitely if we love with something we do best for that.
I would say doesn’t work hard but start love your work then automatically we crate interest what the work we do and then we can deliver the best result at work.

In the last, I would like to conclude on this achievement.......
I absolutely believe if you achieve something in life it's not the only you in fact, there is very well dictum that 'There is no such thing as a self made person. We are made up of thousands of others.' Everyone who has ever done a kind deed for us, or spoken one word of encouragement to us, has entered into the make-up of our character and of our thoughts, as well as our success. A lot of people have contributed to where I am today.
All the geniuses whose favor towards me or their work which I have read through books and articles, my colleagues whose dedication has helped me climb to where I am, my family whose encouragement and belief which has brought me so far, and all the endless stream of people who through their appreciation emails, letters, phone calls have expressed their gratitude and respect, have contributed where I am and whatever achieved till date.

I am very much thankful to the people who bring to notice that I deserve for this Project Star Award.
Posting this blog will remind me and accelerate my thoughts that I have to always thrive for excellence in each phase of my career path!!!

1 comment:

neeraj tripathi said...

Congratulations Sir for this achievement.... i am happy to know about this :)